Our mission is to develop innovative cellular therapies to transform cancer treatment worldwide.
Innovative Cellular Therapeutics (ICT) is a private clinical stage biotechnology company headquartered in Rockville, MD. ICT is focused on the development of cellular immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. ICT’s unique CoupledCAR® technology platform is designed to overcome the common challenges of treating solid tumors. ICT has achieved promising preclinical and proof-of-concept clinical results in late-stage solid tumors, such as colorectal cancer and thyroid cancer.
Founded to develop iPSC (induced pluripotent stem cells) technology
- Established a well-trained R&D team in cell engineering
- Experienced in sophisticated technologies, including iPSC, lentiviral vectors, and gene editing
Shifted to CAR-T cells technology
- ICT’s first CAR-T product to treat ALL in a human IRB1 approved trial with 39 patients achieved 85% CR in 2015
- Accumulated experiences in liquid tumor CAR-T that helped development of solid tumor CAR-T technology platform
Focused on solid tumor CAR-T
- Rapid CoupledCAR® technology improvements after the first solid tumor trial started in 2017
- Objective responses achieved in thyroid cancer and colorectal cancer from 2019
Transformed to a US focused company
- Established operations in the U.S. in 2018 followed by opening of Global HQ in Rockville, MD in 2019
- Obtained U.S. IND clearance for CoupledCAR® colorectal cancer program in August 2021
1Hospital institutional review board approved human proof-of-concept trials, which is one of the regulatory pathways for CAR-T in China.